Roughly 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
Oregano and other dried herbs
One clove of garlic
1. Preheat you oven to its lowest setting. Some ovens only go as low as 200 degrees F, but mine goes to 170.
2. Place the halved tomatoes face up on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Bake in the oven for about three to four hours. I baked mine for about three and a half.
4. When you remove them from the oven, taste one! They're delish.
5. Place into a jar.
6. Pour some olive oil into a bowl and add your herbs (however much you like, honestly) and a grated clove of garlic to it.
7. Pour the mixture over your tomatoes and close the jar. You're done!
recipe adapted from Evan's Kitchen Ramblings
3 cups milk
1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Juice of one lemon
1. Combine milk, cream and salt into a heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
2. Line a colander with cheesecloth or a coffee filter or paper towels and place over a large bowl.
3. Once the milk combo comes to a boil, add the lemon juice and turn the heat to low. Simmer for two more minutes.
4. Off heat and let stand for five minutes.
5. Pour into lined colander and allow the whey to strain out for an hour.
6. Refrigerate! Though apparently it freezes well.