Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Funny Girl: One of my favorite musicals of all time.



In case you were in need of a fabulous 1960s musical, starring the sassiest of the sassy with a gorgeous exotic man in it, FUNNY GIRL IS FO' YOU. I really cannot stress how much I love this movie. Barbra Streisand stars as Fanny Brice, a real-life comedienne during the 1920s. It begins with Barbra in the theater seats, looking moody as jaded divas are wont to do. Then it gets all Tarantino'd and goes back to her beginnings as a skinny-legged, funny (looking) Jewish girl who just wanted to be on stage. Then she gets famous, meets and marries the gorgeous Omar Sharif (Aries, mmm. Teeth now, questionable) who plays a gambler.

Anyway, I love this movie because of Barbra's gorgeous voice, makeup, hair and hands/nails. And Sharif's handsome face. Again, mmm. The last song, "My Man" (below) makes me sing along EVERY TIME. I can't stop myself!! It's pretty awesome though, because it's half live and half lip-synched and you can totally tell when it switches over (~1:30). Babs isn't the best lip-syncher as you can see.


She won an Oscar for this, which my mom hates because she says she was just acting like herself the whole time. Hater. So, please watch. Please love. That way we can all really be besties.

No comments :

Post a Comment