Monday, April 16, 2012

The "Ma'am, your pants are about to bust. I swear," heard round the world.

I had a humbling moment the other night while out with friends where I realized I need to start getting into bikini shape after being on an indulgent bender for the past year. Lest I have to entertain the worried warnings from somehow well-meaning strangers in the future, I've put together a menu of healthier options for the week. Mainly I'm aiming to eat hardly any full-fat dairy or white carbs and more vegetables. Hopefully this attempt at a diet and working out at least once a day (pilates or running) will yield some results.

These are some recipes I found on my favorite site, Tastespotting (I have a ton of them). Since today was particularly hot in DC, most of these are salads, as that's what I have a taste for:



Spring Farro Salad
Seared Scallops with Lemony Parmesan Peas
Grilled Skirt Steak with Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce
Niçoise salad (DYING to make this)
Ginger Soba Noodles
Zucchini Ricotta Cheesecake
Double Broccoli Quinoa
With a diet like this and nice nails, I'mma be fly in time for the beach!

No comments :

Post a Comment