Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Music Post!



Chance the Rapper

I feel like Chance the Rapper is what Lil Wayne would be like if he came onto the scene today as a 20 year old from Chicago who cares about sick production and can actually function in society. I've listened to his mixtape about five times this week, and I cannot gush enough about how great it is. Some gems include "Juice", "Favorite Song", and "Lost".

Please, please, PLEASE listen to the mixtape many times. Ya welcome!






CHVRCHES

I'll admit, I haven't listened to much of their other music, but what I have heard, I love. They're similar to Purity Ring, and I love Purity Ring. It's not that I'm not interested, I'm just lazy about obtaining music. HOWEVER, every time this song comes on, I'm jamming and putting it on repeat. Actually, I'm seeing them at Virgin FreeFest soon (around when their album comes out), so I know it's going to be fab.





Volcano Choir

Justin Vernon (Bon Iver) seems to turn everything he touches into gold. This new album, Repave, by his side project Volcano Choir, is fantastic. It sounds like a nice mix between For Emma, Forever Ago and Bon Iver. A perfect mix of folk and experimental electronics. Comes out September 3rd.



No comments :

Post a Comment