Monday, July 11, 2011

Kramerbooks for Brunch


My boyfriend and I have made Sunday brunch a tradition when we spend the weekend together. Luckily for us, DC is a huge brunch city.

I've been to Kramerbooks a few times and they were all delicious. It's definitely a District institution since it's opening in 1976. The front of the space is a great bookstore, with some of the best selections of new and old books on display in the window. Even if I'm just walking by, I pretty much drool at the books in the window.

Behind the store is the dining area, a small, bustling place on two levels with an outdoor space.

So, brunch:


For some reason, this place makes me want corned-beef hash every time. Naturally I got two eggs to go with it and I washed it all down with a Bloody Mary, as per usual. It was so delicious! I have never been so happy to eat beef for my first meal of the day.




This is what the boyfriend got. It's a proscuitto eggs benedict with asparagus. He gave me a bite, it was yummy. However, I hinted at getting a plate of bacon on the side, but he cited the proscuitto as being enough salty pig for him. Le sigh.

Brunch is the best! I feel like the weekend isn't a weekend without brunch, don't you agree?

No comments :

Post a Comment