Monday, February 10, 2014

The Inaugural (and Lazy) Meatless Monday



I am completely exhausted. This morning I woke up very early to fly back home from an amazing vacation in New Orleans. On top of that I decided to be Wonder Woman and go to work on time as well. I was surprisingly productive at work considering, so I'm a satisfied tired. 

After all vacations, I need to eat something simple because I go out to eat for every meal and sadly I don't order salads. It's all so delicious, but it's also just an unsustainable diet-- that's why it's vacation! Needless to say, I wanted a low-maintenance and (somewhat) healthy meal my first night at home.

New Orleans reminded me that Mardi Gras is right around the corner (March 4) and the Catholic in me remembers that Lent is also (March 5). I like the challenge of it, so this year I will be pescatarian for 40 days and 40 nights. When I first thought of vegetarian meals, my mind went to bread-based dinners, like pizza and pasta. Historically I have used Lent in a productive way-- almost always related to weight loss-- so eating a bunch of carb-based meals every night is not something I'm trying to do.

But I'm tired, you guys. So I made Kraft Mac & Cheese and classed it up with a simple arugula salad with my favorite dressing as of late. It has lemon, olive oil, dijon mustard, a clove of garlic, and salt & pepper. There's no exact recipe, but you MUST make it. It'll change your life. Next week I promise I'll make something super fab like Indian or something!

No comments :

Post a Comment